Brake shoes are commonly referred to as brake pads. They are gradually worn out during use. When worn to the extreme position, they must be replaced. Otherwise, the braking effect will be reduced, and even safety accidents will occur. Brake shoes are related to life safety and must be treated with caution. The
1. Check the brake shoe for every 5,000 kilometers under normal driving conditions. Not only check the remaining thickness, but also check the condition of the wear of the shoe. Whether the two sides wear the same level, whether the return position is comfortable, etc. The situation must be dealt with immediately. The
2. The brake shoe is generally composed of two parts: iron lining plate and friction material. Do not replace the shoe with friction material. For example, for the front brake shoe of the Jetta, the new sheet has a thickness of 14 mm, and the limit thickness of the replacement is 7 mm, which includes more than 3 mm of iron lining thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles have a brake shoe alarm function. Once the wear limit is reached, the instrument will alarm to replace the shoe. The shoe that has reached the limit of use must be replaced. Even if it can be used for a period of time, it will reduce the effect of braking and affect the safety of driving. The
3. To replace the brake pads provided by the original spare parts, the only way to make the braking effect between the brake pad and the brake disc is the best, the minimum wear. The
4. When replacing the shoe, special tools must be used to push the brake cylinder back. Can not use other crowbar hard pressure back, this is easy to cause brake caliper guide screws to bend, so that brake pads stuck. The
5. After the replacement is completed, be sure to step on the brakes a few feet to eliminate the gap between the shoe and the brake disc, resulting in no brake on the first leg and prone to accidents. The
6. After the brake shoe is replaced, it needs to run 200 kilometers to achieve the best braking effect. The newly-changed shoe must be driven carefully.